Back and Neck Pain………..Meeting the challenge together
At least 80% of the UK population experience back pain at some stage in their lives – that is 51 million people
Established in 1968, BackCare is a national charity dedicated to the prevention of unnecessary back injury through education and funding research. Furthermore, BackCare also provides practical and emotional support to those living with back pain and assists those working in the treatment of back pain – whether caused by injury, wear and tear, musculoskeletal disorders such as Axial SpA, Scoliosis and Spina Bifida or other underlying health conditions like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease or Cancer, for example.
Often invisible, back pain is a Cinderella condition, too often ignored and neglected. However, it is a major health issue costing the country and the health service billions of pounds every year and causing those living with it misery. If you or someone close to you has ‘a bad back’, you know how wretched it can be. Words cannot begin to convey the suffering and unhappiness ‘a bad back’ can cause. Musculoskeletal disorders are also one of the leading causes of sickness absence in the UK today, affecting both employers and the employed.
Our members help us to continue our work in supporting even more people who are living with back pain, whilst also helping to prevent avoidable back related injury. Together, we can make a difference.
As an Individual member you will receive the following benefits:
- Subscription to the only UK magazine exclusive to back pain sufferers ‘Talkback’
- Opportunity to contribute to Talkback magazine
- Access to cutting edge news and event opportunities via the BackCare website
- 10% off BackCare Publications and Products
- Access to our local branches to take up hydrotherapy, exercise classes etc.
- Opportunity to join our ever increasing Facebook and Twitter community to keep up with latest news on back and neck pain.