Back and Neck Pain………..Meeting the challenge together
BackCare is the national charity for people with back and neck pain. Established in 1968, the charity aims to significantly reduce the impact of back pain in the community through its publications, funding research, an informative website, and local support groups. Our aim is to work alongside some of the most forward thinking individuals, organisations and companies in the world, developing awareness of research, treatment and prevention of spinal conditions and pain management. We then pass this information on to patient sufferers and government agencies via our publications.
We believe sharing mutually defined objectives helps prevent back and neck pain, which has a significant impact to more than 80% of the UK population.
BackCare is dedicated to helping people avoid preventable spinal problems and supporting those living with back and neck pain. Back pain is a major health issue costing the country and the health service billions of pounds every year. Sickness absence currently costs the UK economy £15bn; musculoskeletal disorders are one of the leading causes of sickness absence.
As an Individual member you will receive the following benefits:
- Subscription to the only UK magazine exclusive to back pain sufferers ‘Talkback’
- Access to cutting edge news and events opportunities via the BackCare website
- Opportunity to contribute to Talkback magazine
- 10% off BackCare Publications and Products
- Access to our local branches to take up hydrotherapy, exercise classes etc. (see the list of branches on backcare.org.uk)
- Opportunity to join our ever increasing Facebook and Twitter community to keep up with latest news on back and neck pain.
Membership Plans (Annually)
Standard rate : £25.00 GBP
Concessionary rate : £15.00 GBP
Overseas rate : £40.00 GBP