We’re part of the 2.6 challenge.
Join team BackCare today – What will your 2.6 challenge be?
The Covid-19 pandemic is having a catastrophic effect on all UK charities with an estimated loss of £4 billion for the sector. In response, the UK’s mass participation sports event industry has come together to create The 2.6 Challenge, a nationwide fundraising campaign to Save the UK’s Charities.
For over 50 years Backcare has depended upon the income generated from fundraising events which this year have been cancelled or postponed. 26th April would have been our biggest fundraising day of the year thanks to the London Marathon. This event alone would have raised at least 30% of our annual income.
We are urging you to join Team BackCare on Sunday 26th April by doing an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to help save our charity. It would be wonderful to have your support.
How can you help?
- Dream up an activity based around the number 2.6 or 26 that suits your skills – it can be as crazy as you like!
Example activities (remember all must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing)
Run or walk 2.6 miles/km – or for 26 minutes
Exercise at home for 26 minutes – or 26 times
Do 26 press ups – or walk up and down the stairs or your garden 26 times
Or anything else you can think of!
- Create your BackCare 2.6 Challenge fundraising page HERE and share with friends and family.
- Join in on Sunday 26th April.
- Help us share your story by sending your fundraising totals, photos and videos to email@example.com
- Alternatively you can donate directly to BackCare HERE,
Please join the 2.6 Challenge campaign. If 2.6 million people fundraise or donate just £26, we could collectively raise £67 million for the UK’s charities by the end of April. For more information about the 2.6 Challenge visit the official website www.twopointsixchallenge.co.uk